Hyundai Fuel Additive

David

Hyundai Fuel Additive

Post  on 1/2/2011, 9:22 am

Anyone use it? There is mention of it in the owners manual. Just want your thoughts about it. First post BTW. Glad to see there is a forum.

Admin
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Re: Hyundai Fuel Additive

Post  on 1/2/2011, 8:33 pm

Welcome to the forum. I'm not real sure about the additive. I would think it's not much different than the fuel products that you can find at Autozone.

Post  on 1/21/2011, 8:47 am

The fuel additive is just a simple fuel cleaner. Just use it around every 5,000
    miles. Dont go cheap, use a good brand name. I use BG 44K. They want you to use it because the GDI motor's make a little more carbon then you want after awhile.

RenoF250
    Forum Member
    Forum Member

Post  on 1/26/2011, 7:11 pm

The book says you only need it if you cannot find TOP TIER (their caps not mine) gasoline. I think my car will only be drinking Chevron but I will still give it some extra Techron from time to time.

Samual007

Post  on 3/21/2011, 12:00 am

Actually Hyundai is only one who recommend the use of fuel treatments every 15,000 kilometers.. which is great and very commanly the most fuel enhancers are either a hoax or useless to the average consumer..

grajr1952
    Forum Member
    Forum Member

RE: Hyundai Fuel Additive

Post  on 4/28/2011, 4:45 pm

Techron is the recommended additive. I got this information from Hyundai corporate. If you use only Top Tier gasolines, you should only need additive occasionlly (oil change time). Hope this helps.

Robmiezer

Post  on 5/8/2011, 1:00 am

[quote="David"]Anyone use it? There is mention of it in the owners manual. Just want your thyoughts about it. First post BTW. Glad to see there is a forum.

You should not need it is you use a fuel with a detergent. These are direct injection engines and the normal over the counter fuel system cleaners are useless (pretty much). They will not be able to clean the valves on these engines because of the way it is injected. It will help clean the injetors but that is about all. So, if you use a "top tier" gas you never need to use it and if you do it will not hurt your car, but it won't do anything either...

pgeneste

Post  on 7/5/2011, 10:21 am

If I may suggest, For one do make sure your Hyundai service center uses the RIGHT oil, the std Sonata and 2.0 T do NOT have the same base minimum for oil. I had to point that out to my Dealer so they would use the higher 5-30 vs 5-20, I would also suggest the semi-synthetic based oil as it has a higher carbonizing point and that is good when you don't cool down before shutdown Turbo (should never do that but it happens), but as a fuel additive I highly recommend Lucas Fuel Treatment Upper Lubricate for three reasons, you will not build up any carbon, two it will keep your valves and rings much happier, and three will keep your injectors clear. If you buy the 1 Gal it only cost 60cents per fill up to treat (Recommended dosage is 2-3 ounces of Fuel Treatment per 10 gallons of fuel.). Do this with a new engine and you will routinely get +200K miles out. Currently have a R4 with 207K with NO smoke. BTW As soon as a ECU re-flash is available Ill be in line to buy... (Incentive to PowerAxel) If this takes much longer will have to do my own. LoL (Now just to find the time).

SaLLyBaLLzZz
    Forum Member
    Forum Member

Post  on 7/5/2011, 6:03 pm

But can the ecu be programmer back to stock? I wanna do the flash but I have a lease Sad

thebeet
    Forum Member
    Forum Member

Current Car: 2011 SE Turbo

Post  on 7/5/2011, 6:37 pm

innerreflection
    Forum Member
    Forum Member

Current Car: 2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T Limited

BOGO deal!

Post  on 3/12/2012, 11:53 am

Heads up !

BOGO
    Chevron Techron Concentrate Fuel System Cleaner (20 oz.)

Hidden link Evil or Very Mad

whitesonata12
    Forum Member
    Forum Member

Current Car: 2012 Sonata 2.0t

Post  on 3/12/2012, 12:35 pm

I work for hyundai and we do a throttle body clean and a fuel additive every 15k. I see more and more cars from hyundai lasting 150k plus that get there routine maintenance done. Also at 45k we usually do a fuel additive and an induction service. just some food for thought on how we do it at my dealership Smile btw Im new to this forum and love it!

MX_9
    Forum Member
    Forum Member

Current Car: 2004 Subaru STi, 2012 2.0T Ltd

Post  on 3/12/2012, 1:26 pm

Whitesonata12: can you get me the specs for the brake lines (2.0T 2012 Limited) so that I can get some braided steel lines made? Smile Drawings would be perfect if they exist.

whitesonata12
    Forum Member
    Forum Member

Current Car: 2012 Sonata 2.0t

Post  on 3/12/2012, 1:44 pm

mx_9 i am sure i could get parts to get me a printout of the brake lines and how they route but with the parts catalog that we use (microcat) doesnt give any dimensions Crying or Very sad ill see if i can get a hold of something for you though!

MX_9
    Forum Member
    Forum Member

Current Car: 2004 Subaru STi, 2012 2.0T Ltd

Post  on 3/12/2012, 1:52 pm

Thanks guy! I appreciate the effort and welcome to the community!

Current date/time is 10/1/2014, 9:19 pm